Tuesday, April 10, 2012

and another thing

Here's another thing that has kept me busy.

I am, by nature, a pretty organized person.  I'm one of those people who drive others crazy (I'm looking at you, family members!) by having to have a "place for everything" and always putting things in their place.  It's just how my brain works.  I honestly don't care whether your home is organized or not,  and I don't make judgements on other people's organizational skills.

Having said that, I have had one very, very embarrassingly unorganized place at my house, for quite some time now.  I can't even believe I would show you  pictures!  I'm hoping you won't judge either! C'mon now!



This side is even worse:










The only thing I can offer by way of an explanation is that we don't have a garage.  This shed is approximately 10x12 and has to store all of our bikes (the bf has three, I have one, and then there's the tandem, which is about eight feet long and takes up a huge amount of this space - I had to take it out just to get in here for a photo.

After several hours and two big bags of trash, here's what it looks like now:






See the bike seat at the far left of the top picture - the one that is vertical?  That is the new pulley system we set up to store the tandem up against the wall vertically!  It is amazing how much more room we have to store all the other stuff we have in there!

The big plan is for the bf to build a much larger building out back which will house his woodworking space and tools, with another area to store all the garden tools and the bikes, and then this little shed will be mine.  All mine!  At which time it will become a yoga studio/reading place, work space and all around girls only spot. Someday.

Til then I have a clean little tool shed.





2 comments:

  1. OMG what a job you two did there.

    If you had no problem posting that picture I guess your weeds are up next!

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! That would actually take 6 or 8 photos to show all my weeds! That's next on my list, though!

      Delete