Sunday, January 16, 2011

What a difference!

"Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need. "~   Sarah Ban Breathnacht


I have finally started, and finished, painting the living room.  You may remember I mentioned some time ago that I was contemplating painting the room white, after many years of having yellow to gold/beige colored living rooms. After much searching, I found the right white for me.  And here it is:

The little paper mache dog in the background is one of my favorite possessions, made by my youngest many, many years ago.  It's Jack, scratching his ear!





Jack loves having his picture taken! Isn't he handsome?



I can't seem to keep the dogs out of the picture!




I am loving how much brighter this room is.  I already bought the paint, and I'll be starting on the bathroom, next!
 



6 comments:

  1. Looks great. I've always had lots of color around me and I'm really digging having whites for a change too. I'm painting windows and I've committed to doing one a weekend so I'm done by spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. The beginning of spring, no?

    looks wonderful. As does Jack.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white walls. I love your little bench in the last picture. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi karin,

    i love it. what color white did you use? and i'm so loving jack.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice words about my little guy! I am so digging the white, as well. It's a really nice change. It is...Vanilla White (I think?? maybe just Vanilla??) from Ben Moore, but I had it made in a Behr paint from Lowe's.

    ReplyDelete