Friday, February 25, 2011

a bit of fluff


"Find a job you like and you add five days to every week."  ~H. Jackson Browne





I haven't had much time for blogging this week (although I always make time for reading blogs, even if I don't have time to write one!), so I thought today I would just check in with y'all and post some pictures that are from last year.  My youngest lovely, Schyler, lives in Greensboro NC, a whole three hours away from me, which I'm not all that happy about, but I try to keep in mind it could be so much worse.  Anyway...until about a year ago she lived in this completely awesome space.  She has a really good eye for design (both of my girls do!), whether it's interiors or fashion.  This place was a big, old open loft near downtown.  I think most of us think of lofts as being on an upper level - I know I do - but this was a former grocery store on street level.



Schye and Zac - cute, huh?

Hey!  There's my little Jack!  And Schyler's shoes as home accessories!

Dining room on the left, kitchen on the right, and the huge old window divides the bedroom from the rest of the space.

Zac's shoes as accessories in the dining room...

The living room space - with real fireplace!

The front door!

It was a great space and I know she sometimes misses it.

So, the reason I've been so busy this week is that this being a movie town, we have an internationally famous yearly film festival here called Cucalorus (anybody else know what that word means?).  It's a completely community funded festival that doesn't cost the filmmakers, who come from all over the world, a dime. In order to do that, the organizers (and my boss is one of them) do a big Oscar Night Party as a fundraiser.  It's a lot of fun, with everyone encouraged to dress like they are actually going to the real Oscars, but this is an artsy kinda town and people show up in everything from tuxes to tennies - and sometimes both at the same time.  It's held in one of the giant stages at the movie studio in town, and there is food from some of the best restaurants in town, lots of free alcohol, and they show the Oscars on big screens.  So I've been busy this week making arrangements, deliveries of goods, etc.  I'll post photos on Monday to show you what I wore. (and maybe what other people wore - that would be more entertaining!)

3 comments:

  1. Karin,

    Your film fest sounds so fun. We have a tiny one here in Kenwood every year, but I've never been. I should check it out next time it's here.

    Your daughter is just beautiful. What a great place to live, I can see why she misses living there. The window divider really makes it special.

    Have fun at your fundraiser...looking forward to seeing pictures!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thought of living in what once was a grocer.

    Sounds like you have a fun job! I can't wait to see pictures. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin,
    What a great apartment. I love alternative spaces. The world flag map, or whatever it is, is really cool too.

    What will we see you on the red carpet? A ball gown with a sequined scarf?
    S.

    ReplyDelete