Saturday, February 12, 2011

every day we get a little closer...

"A hush is over everything, Silent as women wait for love; The world is waiting for the spring. "~
Sara Teasdale  (and no one more than I, I might add!)







A beautiful day today!  The sun was shining, with highs in the upper 60's, and even better - it's supposed to stay that way all week.  Most years this would be normal for us.  Not so much this year, though.  It makes me appreciate it all the more.  So I spent the entire afternoon out in the garden, doing some much needed clean up work.  Ahhh...it felt so good.  Jack spent the afternoon outside with me, following the sun across the yard and laying down in the warm patches of sunlight.  I'm a summer person, he's a summer dog.

As I worked, I noticed all the little (so far) signs of Spring:


Tiger Lily, just poking up.


A few Azaleas already!


The moss on this rock is amazing.  Once it warms up that probably won't stick around.


Hydrangea leaves are budding.

Of course the Camellias are budding.  They're late this year.  Normally they would be flowering now.


Buddha has moss all over his head and on his right arm! (The stone in his hand says "imagine".)
 Guess where I'll be again tomorrow?  A happy week to all!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! We had temps in the 60s as well. I still have a lot of snow on the grown (shady yard). I am looking forward to March when I can sink my hand into the dirt. Enjoy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60's. Oh you lucky people. dig deep and enjoy every moment.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the first signs of spring. it is so exciting. love your buddha.

    xo
    janet

    ps - karin can you email me the pic of you in your scarf? i tried to copy it but i won't let me. thanks. janetkorff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete