Thursday, February 17, 2011

sushi and daffodils

"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Kendra (my oldest lovely) and I went out for a little lunch this past weekend, and afterwards she asked if I would mind going to a nearby Ulta so she could pick up some of her favorite shampoo.  I got a new lipstick, and then as we were leaving I remembered there was an asian market across the street.  On a whim, we went in.  An hour later, after much ooohing and ahhhing over some of the merchandise and the foodstuffs, we walked out with some seaweed, some sticky rice, and a sushi roller.  We stopped at the grocery store to pick up some crab and an avocado.  Once we got home we experimented until we got it down (well, pretty much down, anyway).  Have you ever tried making your own sushi? After a little experimentation, it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. We ended up with some asparagus rolls and some crab/avocado rolls with spicy sauce and they were delicious! If you haven't tried making your own sushi, I highly recommend a little experimenting.



Bottom left is our first attempt - we got better with each try!
 

They were 100% yummy!  After I took the picture I remembered the spicy sauce and the sesame seeds, but it was too late to take more pics - we weren't waiting any longer to try these!
 Oh, and the daffodils?  Well here ya go:

The cute little flowers are from one of the mahonias in the yard.  Not my favorite plant, but it does have cute flowers!
It was 70 degrees today, and we are expecting more of the same for the next 5 or 6 days.  I know. It might not last.  We still have a couple weeks of winter.  But it sure is fine while it lasts! With a little luck, the worst of winter is behind us and Spring will be here before we know it! Happy dance!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, nice job!!! I'm impressed. It's looks awesome!

    We hit 59 degrees today and it felt like 70. Another day of it tomorrow before we go back to reality.

    Off to make some sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried...but I'm inspired.

    We have one more day. but we'll take it.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Making your own sushi! Sounds fun and yummy! I agree, the temperatures are making me anxious for spring! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete